1) The transmission slips. When the tension of the V-Belt does not meet the requirements, the loose V-belt slips in the groove of the pulley, and the friction generated will cause the belt to heat up and accelerate its two sides to become smooth; and the smooth surface reduces the friction coefficient, resulting in It is easier to slip, forming a vicious circle. In addition, oil stains in the pulley grooves can also cause transmission slippage.
2) Cracks in the rubber layer. The cause of cracks is natural failure first. The Combine Belts will crack after running on the small pulley for a period of time. The reason is that the bottom rubber is continuously squeezed to produce a large stress and reach the breaking point. Early cracks with relatively small irregularities usually indicate that the tape has hardened, most likely due to high temperatures. In addition, the alternating load during operation is also the cause of fatigue cracks in the rubber layer.
3) The rubber layer falls off. The reason for the peeling of the rubber layer is that the cracks deepen to the position of the tension line and cause the rubber layer to peel off. As a result, the transmission is unstable, and the V-belt jumps during operation, which accelerates the cracking and falling of the rubber layer.
4) Sawtooth marks appear on the belt side. The possible reasons for the jagged marks or pits on the belt side are the foreign matter in the groove of the pulley, the rough surface of the groove of the pulley, and the mechanical damage caused by the installation of the V-belt.
5) Stratification. V-belt delamination refers to the degumming of the rubber layer and the cord or canvas, which may be caused by oil leakage from the equipment. Oil will weaken the adhesive force of the rubber compound, resulting in a decrease in the adhesive force between rubber, string or canvas. Under the action of alternating load and vibration, it will eventually accelerate the separation between rubber, string or canvas due to slipping.
6) The tension line is broken. There may be three reasons for the break of the tension wire: one is that it has withstood excessive tension and continuous sudden load; the other is that it was pryed by external force during installation, and the tension wire was damaged but was not noticed at that time; There is a large foreign matter in the pulley groove, which cuts into the V-belt and damages the tension line.
If you have more questions, please contact the V-Belt Supplier